Would you like to contact a Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist® or AHA, Inc. Member Therapist in your area to find out more about hippotherapy? Or perhaps you would like a speaker at your next professional meeting?
(US Therapists | Foreign Therapists)

HPCS – A therapist who carries the AHCB Board Certification in Hippotherapy. Hippotherapy Clinical Specialists names are followed by ‘HPCS’ on this list.

HPCS is a designation of therapists who have advanced knowledge and experience in hippotherapy. For physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech and language pathologists who have been practicing their profession for at least three years (6,000 hours) and have 100 hours of hippotherapy practice within the three years prior to application for the exam.

AHCB Certified Therapist – A therapist who carries an AHCB certification and has met this minimum criteria:

1. Currently licensed or certified to practice as a PT, PTA, OT, OTA, SLP, or SLPA in the US or the equivalent in other countries.
2. At least one year of full-time or the equivalent (2000 hours) experience in practice.
3. Taking AHA, Inc. Level I and II courses, or equivalent.
4. A minimum of 25 hrs of one on one direct treatment in clinical practice using hippotherapy following Level II course.
5. Experience/comfort level working with horses.

AHA Inc. Member Therapists: Want to be included on this list? If so, please send your contact information along with your participation details of the AHA, Inc. Approved Courses you have completed to info@americanhippotherapyassociation.org today! New members must request their name be added and must first complete at least the Level I AHA, Inc education course.

AHA, Inc. does not endorse, nor certify clinical competence of therapists. Each therapist is bound by their own national and state practice acts, dependent upon their area of practice (physical, occupational or speech). It is always a good idea to speak at length with, and interview your clinical practitioner.

The following Hippotherapy Clinical Specialists® (HPCS) and AHA, Inc. member therapists may be able to assist you:

Find A Therapist In the United States

Find A Therapist Outside the United States