Click here for AHA, Inc.’s current Terminology Paper.
AHA, Inc. keeps a regularly updated bibliography to aid in locating relevant research.
Our magazine, Hippotherapy, has featured a variety of high-quality articles related to the practice of hippotherapy and has published a number of articles on research related to hippotherapy. The following articles have appeared in the magazine between 2003 and 2007. For access to issues of Hippotherapy from 2013 to 2015 (pdf) click here.
- HIPPOTHERAPY Fall 2003; Building the Evidence for Hippotherapy
- HIPPOTHERAPY Spring 2004 AHA Research Guide: Case Studies-Step Up to the Plate
- HIPPOTHERAPY Summer 2004; AHA Research Guide: Research problems, Questions and Hypotheses
- HIPPOTHERAPY Winter 2005; AHA Research Guide: Internal Validity
- HIPPOTHERAPY Winter 2006; FRDI Conference Report
- HIPPOTHERAPY Winter 2007; Research How-To Series: Single-Subject Research
Here is a link to a few short reviews of research articles from 1998 to 2007.
GRANT OPPORTUNITIES: AHA, Inc. offers a $1,000 grant opportunity.
Horses and Humans Research Foundation (HHRF) is a pre-eminent non-profit organization that supports reserach in a variety of equine assisted activities and therarpies, including hippothreapy. HHRF offers grant opportunities between $10,000 and $100,000.
More recently the National Institute for Health (NIH) has funded research specific to equine activities, a project done in conjugation with Children’s Hospital Denver, CO and the Colorado Therapeutic Riding Center, Longmont, CO. NIH has begun to grow opportunities for those looking to research the human-animal connection and human-animal interaction.