Name: Lori Garone, MS, PT, HPCS
Contact information: email@example.com
Credentials: PT, HPCS Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Hippotherapy
Education: 1990 Graduate Touro College of Health Sciences, Bachelor Degree in Community Health and Masters Degree in Physical Therapy
Specialties: Pediatrics, NDT Trained, Pediatric Myofascial Release and Cranio Sacral, Brain Gym, Bal-A-Vis-X, Manual Therapy, Hippotherapy and Aquatic interventions.
Lori had a physical therapy private practice on Long Island, New York for 20 years incorporating the above interventions into her treatments for the pediatric population for over 25 years .
She represented the United States at the First Symposium of Physiotherapists and Riding Instructors in Surry England in 1991 and was Clinical Director at Milligan Hill EAT at The Center for Discovery in Harris NY from 2001-2005. She also was Interim Executive Director and Therapy Services Director at NCEFT from 2005 -2007.
Lori is presently Director of Academic Clinical Education at South University, Virginia Beach PTA Program.
- 2010 Woman if the Year Distinguishe Woman Award, Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York for the work done in the Health Care Industry
- 2013 AHA Inc. Barbara Glasow Therapist of The Year Award for service incorporating hippotherapy into therapy.
- Listed in Empires Who’s Who for work done in hippotherapy
Practicing Since: 1990
AHA Board Service:
- 2017- Presently 2nd Vice President
- 1996- 2010 served as Vice President, Education Chairperson, Standards and Practice Chairperson, Nominating Committee, Conference Committees.